Assistant Editor – HNNDaily & Southside Daily
Are you an energetic, digital-savvy journalist with a penchant for asking the hard questions?
Local Voice is seeking an Assistant Digital Editor to join our growing teams at HNNDaily in Newport News, Va. and Southside Daily in Virginia Beach, Va.
Our editors are innovators and adopters of digital formats. They commit to engaging their audience.
Exceptional reporting, writing and editing skills are the foundation from which they deliver topical, meaningful content every day. They enjoy teaching and thrive in fast-paced, creatively demanding environments.
- Assist in overseeing daily news operations on all content channels
- Assist in editing text and multimedia stories
- Motivate and educate news reporting team
- Produce stories and other content for multiple online platforms/effectively use social media
- Cast vision for digital engagement and manage social media channels
- Incorporate insights gleaned from web and social media analytics
- Adhere to and enforce SEO best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to digital, multimedia storytelling and local news
- Strong managerial and collaborative communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Keen understanding of digital engagement strategies
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
Local Voice salaries are above-market by position, commensurate to experience and negotiable.
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief note of introduction, resume and 3 recent examples of your multimedia journalistic work.