Multimedia Journalist – Southside Daily
Are you an energetic, digital-savvy journalist with a penchant for asking the hard questions?
Local Voice is seeking a multimedia journalist to write for Southside Daily and join our growing team in Virginia Beach, Va.
Our reporters are innovators and dynamic adopters of digital formats. They commit to engaging their audience.
Exceptional reporting, writing and editing skills are the foundation from which they deliver topical, meaningful content every day.
They thrive in fast-paced, creatively demanding environments and take an on-the-ground approach to reporting.
- Conduct research and interviews
- Write news articles and features
- Shoot photographs and/or videos to accompany news articles and features
- Manage content across a variety of digital platforms (Wordpress site, social media, etc.)
- Maintain regular communication with editor
- Understand and use our news organization’s audience analytics reports
- Meet deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong collaborative communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Commitment to digital, multimedia storytelling
- Ability to work within a team, taking responsibility for a variety of measurable digital tasks to grow an audience
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
Local Voice salaries are above-market by position, commensurate to experience and negotiable.
How to apply
Send your resume, three recent examples of your journalistic work and a note of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.