Managing Digital Editor – Southside Daily
Are you a passionate journalist with exceptional writing and editing expertise? Are you digital savvy with social media skills to match? Do you love to teach? If so, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for someone to oversee and maintain the digital platforms for our online news publication in Virginia Beach, Va.
No two days are ever the same at Local Voice. As the Managing Digital Editor, one minute you’ll be editing an article, the next you’ll be implementing an email strategy or assisting your newsroom with stories that matter in our communities.
You must have the ability to prioritize and focus under fast-paced pressure, while managing multiple tasks and projects. You also must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, editorially and technologically. You also must be motivated by success and driven to win.
- Oversee daily news operations on all content channels
- Assign and edit stories, demonstrating a strong commitment to local news and multimedia reporting
- Motivate and educate news reporting team
- Strategize and manage social media efforts
- Coordinate with local sales and content teams to make sure that all station and market initiatives have an engaging digital component
- Study analytics to make data-driven content choices and optimize local digital strategy.
- Be at the forefront of content creation every single day
- Three years of online editorial experience with exceptional writing, editing, SEO skills
- Proficiency in the use of digital technology, including online publishing platforms
- An understanding of the ever-changing culture of the internet
- Must have great communication skills, obsessive attention to detail
How to apply
Send your resume, three recent samples of your journalistic work and a note of introduction to email@example.com.