Join the team that is changing radio and online newspapers in every market we enter.
Local Voice is a disruptive new category of media serving the public and our stakeholders. Our mission is to use our media channels to gather and connect multiple tribes of local residents with non-stop, trustworthy content consumers can’t find anywhere else.
The following positions are currently available at Local Voice:
– Assistant Digital Editor (Wilmington, NC)
Assistant Digital Editor (Williamsburg, VA)
Are you an energetic, digital-savvy journalist with a penchant for asking the hard questions?
Local Voice is seeking an Assistant Digital Editor to join our growing team at Port City Daily in Wilmington, NC.
Our editors are innovators and adopters of digital formats. They commit to engaging their audience.
Exceptional reporting, writing and editing skills are the foundation from which they deliver topical, meaningful content every day.
They enjoy teaching and thrive in fast-paced, creatively demanding environments.
- Assist in overseeing daily news operations on all content channels
- Assist in editing text and multimedia stories
- Motivate and educate news reporting team
- Produce content for multiple online platforms/effectively use social media
- Manage social media channels
- Lead in engaging audiences with our content
- Incorporate insights gleaned from web and social media analytics
- Adhere to and enforce SEO best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- Local news experience strongly preferred, not required
- Commitment to digital, multimedia storytelling and local news
- Strong managerial and collaborative communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Keen understanding of digital engagement strategies
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
How to Apply
Please email Brian Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/LinkedIn profile, 3 writing samples and any relevant multimedia samples (photography, videography, datajournalism, etc.).
Local Voice salaries are above-market by position, commensurate to experience and negotiable.
EEO Policy Statement
Local Voice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.